Science Content Enhancement Supplement Manual (Digital) (00251)
Filled with research from the field and well-designed examples, these supplements will help content teachers make the most of Content Enhancement.
The Discipline-Specific Supplements are designed to complement the Strategic Instruction Model Content Enhancement guidebooks. These books provide SIM professional developers and content teachers valuable information and materials to support the Content Enhancement Routines.
Supplements have been created to support the four major core content areas: math, social studies, science, and English/language arts. These content-specific materials and examples include the following:
* Lists of courses and information about the kinds of courses typically offered in the given content area
* National standards for the content area
* Concepts ? big ideas ? from the content area
* Information about text structure, knowledge structures, and ways of thinking for the content area
* Examples of integrated courses and units with Content Enhancement devices created and vetted by content teachers
* Information about assessment and examples of assessments (tests, projects, and other types of assessments) that would demonstrate student knowledge
In addition to the manual, a promotion code which give users access to a free 120-day trial version of GIST Software which includes the completed CE devices in both GIST(.cet) and PDF file formats.